HARD Summer is back August 2 and 3 from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. both days. The two-day festival is taking place at the Whittier Narrows Recreation Area in South El Monte and boasts more than fifty live performances and world class DJ sets including Jack U, A$AP Mob, Axwell, and Flosstraddamus performing on five stages. And taking Metro is still the best way to get to HARD Summer! HARD Summer is providing free shuttles to connect Metro riders to the concert.
To get there: hop on the Metro Gold Line to Atlantic Station in East LA and get a free shuttle ride to the concert. Shuttles will be located directly across the street from Atlantic Station, at the intersection of Pomona and Beverly Boulevards. Shuttles to HARD Summer will be running from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.
After the concert: follow the festival exit signs to Rosemead Boulevard. The free shuttles will be located just south of the main entrance and will return you to Atlantic Station. Return shuttles will be running from 8 p.m. through 12 a.m. The last shuttle back to Atlantic Station leaves at midnight, so it’s best that you get in line immediately after the concert ends so you don’t miss the last train from Atlantic Station or any connections thereafter. Metro operates late-night rail service until 2 a.m. on Saturdays and will also run late-night rail service on Sunday for HARD Summer.
- The Gold Line ride between Union Station and Atlantic Station takes less than 30 minutes.
- Use Trip Planner for more routes and connections.
- Regular Metro Rail fares apply: $1.50 per line / $5 Day Pass (good till 3 a.m.).
- Each person must have his/her own TAP card. (No sharing of TAP cards)
- Avoid long return lines at TAP Vending Machines by loading your round trip fare in advance online or on your way in.