The 2014 BCS National Championship will take place at the Rose Bowl on Monday, January 6, between the Florida State Seminoles and Auburn Tigers. Metro will run enhanced service on the Gold Line throughout the day to accommodate those going to the game; pre-game festivities begin at 4:30 p.m. and kickoff is scheduled for 5:30 p.m.
Use the Memorial Park Station to get to the Rose Bowl. After exiting the station, turn right and walk west for two blocks on Holly Street to the Parsons parking lot, where you can catch a free shuttle run by the Rose Bowl. Buses leave from the Pasadena Avenue side of the lot and will run continuously from 1:30 p.m. until approximately two hours after the end of the game.
Keep reading after the jump for more information on how-to-ride Metro Rail and the location of Metro Rail stations, as well as those with park & ride lots.
- Single-Ride is $1.50 per line (no transfers included) and must be loaded onto a reusable TAP card ($1).
- If transferring to other lines and to avoid long return lines at TAP Vending Machines, customers should purchase an unlimited $5 METRO DAY PASS, good until 3 a.m. the following morning.
- Each customer must have their own reusable TAP card (no sharing).
- TAP cards must be tapped before boarding each line, including at transfer stations.
- Two children under age 5 may travel free with each fare-paying adult on bus or rail.
- Please click here for complete fare information.
For those who want to park and ride:
- Green “Paid Permit Only” spaces at Metro Rail stations are available for general use after 11 a.m.
- Parking at Metro Rail stations tends to open up after 2 p.m. as early commuters begin to head home.
- Below are Metro Rail stations with parking which may already be filled to capacity due to morning rush hour commuters (by 9 a.m.).
Sierra Madre Villa
Tip: Use Union Station underground structure ($6 per day) or other area lots on Vignes Street for addtional parking
Tip: Use Orange Line Stations for additional parking in San Fernando Valley
Tip: Use Expo/Crenshaw or La Cienega/Jefferson for additional parking
Tip: Use Harbor Gateway Transit Center (Metro Silver Line) or Artesia for additional parking
Tip: Use other stations for additional parking, i.e. Redondo Beach