One last tidbit of I-405 news from Metro today:
The I-405 Sepulveda Pass Improvements Project contractor is scheduled to implement a full directional closure of the Southbound I-405 between the U.S. 101 and Getty Center Drive off-ramp the nights of December 19 and 21, 2013. The closures will accommodate the shifting of K-rail and traffic lanes.
Closure information is as follows:
- Night of Thursday, December 19 from midnight to 5 a.m.
- Night of Saturday, December 21, from 2 a.m. to 7 a.m. (technically Sunday morning, December 22)
- U.S. 101 southbound connector to the southbound I-405
- U.S. 101 northbound connector to the southbound I-405
- Southbound Burbank Boulevard on-ramp
- Southbound Ventura Boulevard on- and off-ramps
- Southbound Valley Vista Boulevard on- and off-ramps
- Southbound Skirball Center Drive on- and off-ramps
*Ramp closures begin at 7 p.m. on Thursday, December 19, 2013
* Lane closures begin at 10 p.m. on Saturday, December 21, 2013
Detour route from I-405 south: exit Burbank Boulevard, travel east to Sepulveda Boulevard, and southbound on Sepulveda Boulevard to the southbound Getty Center Drive on-ramp.
Detour route from US 101 south: exit Van Nuys Boulevard, south on Van Nuys Boulevard, west on Ventura Boulevard, south on Sepulveda Boulevard to the southbound Getty Center Drive on-ramp.
Detour route from US 101 north: take I-405 northbound and exit Burbank Boulevard, east on Burbank Boulevard, south on Sepulveda Boulevard to the southbound Getty Center Drive on-ramp.
What to expect:
Work is dependent on favorable weather conditions.
Emergency access will be maintained at all times.
For a listing of daily closures and latest updates visit our website at www.metro.net/405 or follow us on twitter: twitter.com/I_405 and Facebook at facebook.com/405project.
Categories: Transportation News