For a long time, tourists visiting L.A. believed that there was just no way to see the city unless they drove. But that’s changing now as more and more guide books include Metro Bus and Rail as travel options to local destinations.
Having a destination that’s transit accessible is great, but it helps if the starting point is as well. With that in mind, here are just a few unique L.A. hotels that are convenient to public transportation. Most are walking distance from a rail station and you can get door-to-door service via bus. Also, here’s a great list of rail-oriented hotels around L.A.: Rails to Rooms.
- The Moment Hotel, Hollywood: Metro Bus 2/302 to Sunset/Martel, Metro Red Line to Hollywood/Highland Station
- W Hollywood Hotel, Hollywood: Metro Red Line to Hollywood/Vine Station
- The Redbury, Hollywood: Metro Bus 210 to Hollywood/Vine or Red Line Hollywood/Vine Station
- El Tres, Silver Lake: Metro Bus 2/302 to Sunset/Hollywood, Metro Red Line to Vermont/Sunset
- Hotel Angeleno, West LA: Metro Bus 233 or Rapid 761 to Church/405
- Hotel Normandie, Koreatown: Metro Purple Line to Wilshire/Normandie Station, Metro Bus 18 or 206 to 6th/Normandie
- The Century Plaza, Century City: Metro Rapid 728 to Constellation/Mgm Dr
- Culver Hotel, Culver City: Metro Expo Line to Culver City Station, Culver City Bus 1 to Washington/Cardiff
- Shore Hotel, Santa Monica: Metro Bus 534 or Big Blue Bus 1 to Ocean/Colorado
- Double Tree, Little Tokyo: Metro Gold Line to Little Tokyo/Arts District Station, Metro Bus 30 to Los Angeles/1st
- Miyako Hotel, Little Tokyo: Metro Gold Line to Little Tokyo/Arts District Station, Metro Bus 30 or 40 to Judge John Aiso/1st
- Figueroa Hotel, DTLA/South Park: Metro Silver Line or Rapid 728 to Figueroa/Olympic, walkable from 7th/Metro Center
- Millenium Biltmore, DTLA/Historic Core: Metro Red/Purple Line to Pershing Square Station, Metro Bus 14 or Rapid 770 to Olive/5th
- The Varden, Long Beach: Metro Blue Line to Pacific Ave. Station
If you have any recommendations on great transit friendly places to stay – whether it’s a Holiday Inn, Marriott or Chateau Marmont – comment with them below!
Categories: Metro Lifestyle