Photo: If you only pick one day to rideshare (or take a bus or train) next week, pick Thursday!
Ridesharing can help save money on gas and lessen the stress of the daily commute. And there’s no better time to share the ride than during California Rideshare Week, Oct. 7 – 11, 2013.
Join the statewide campaign to help reduce traffic and smog and pledge to carpool, vanpool, take public transit, walk, bike or telecommute for at least one day during Rideshare Week. You can pledge online and it only takes a few minutes. To sweeten the deal, those who pledge before midnight on Friday, Oct. 11 will be entered to win great prizes.
- Disneyland® Park Hopper Four Pack Tickets
- Macy’s gift cards
- Gas gift cards
- AAA Auto Club Memberships
- Metro ExpressLanes FasTrak® Accounts: $40 value + Carpool Loyalty Program
- …or one of many other prizes
Winners will be announced after Rideshare Week is over. Don’t wait until the last minute. Pledge now and start planning for Rideshare Week! Change the way you commute for the better.
Want to share but don’t know how? Call 511 and say “Los Angeles County Rideshare” or visit metro.net/rideshare to find a sharing plan. Or on Thursday, Oct. 10, drop by the following rideshare events to get first-hand information and make connections.
- Civic Center Clean Air Rideshare Fair at Los Angeles Grand Park from 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- City of Carson Rideshare Fair at 801 E. Carson Street, Carson from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- SCAQMD Rideshare Event at 21865 Copley Drive, Diamond Bar from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
And ridesharing isn’t just for working commuters. Metro School Pool is a service offering free, voluntary and confidential matching service to parents interested in organizing school carpools. The program is open to students in all participating public and private elementary, middle and high schools in Los Angeles County.