Blue Line: Monday, March 26, 2012: due to several equipment issues throughout entire line, please anticipate significant delays today when traveling on the Blue Line.
As of 8:30am, trains are serving all stations EXCEPT Pico & 7th St/Metro Ctr. Additionally, trains are sharing 1 track at the following stations: Wardlow, Del Amo, Florence, Slauson, Vernon, San Pedro, Grand, Pico. This is creating a signficant delay due to train congestion and rush hour crowds. Here is the current service plan in place for affected customers:
- Blue Line is running approximately every 25-30 minutes w/ intermittent holding delays due to train congestion.
- Service has been suspended btwn Grand & 7th/Metro due to power systems issues at Pico. Bus shuttles are in place between these stations.
- Bus shuttles (22 have been requested) are in place between 7th/Metro & Florence stations to supplement limited train capacity. Follow train & station announcements for these bus shuttles.
- All Blue Line passengers btwn Long Beach & Imperial/Wilmington should consider using the Silver Lineas an alternate.
- Silver Line upcharge will be WAIVED for affected Blue Line passengers.
- To use the Silver Line, board the Green Line towards Redondo Beach, exit at Harbor Fwy, and proceed downstairs to the Northbound Express bus stop.
- Green Line passengers who normally use the Blue Line to travel Downtown may also consider the following alternates:
- Norwalk – Use Line 460
- Long Beach Bl – Use Line 760
- Harbor Fwy – Use Silver Line or 450. Express upcharges WAIVED today.
- Crenshaw – Use Line 710 or 757 to Purple Line
- Hawthorne – Use Line 740
- Aviation/LAX – Use LADOT Commuter Express 438 (Rush Only)
- Please allow extra travel time, especially when connecting to Metrolink trains or other lines.
- If a delay verification is needed for your employer or school, please contact Customer Relations at 213.922.6235 or Fax 213.922.6988.
Categories: Service Alerts