Here’s the news release from Metrolink:
LOS ANGELES – Due to an annual track maintenance project, Metrolink train service will be limited on the San Bernardino Line on November 5-6, 12-13 and 19-20. While the buses provided by Metrolink will be used to provide transportation from San Bernardino County to Los Angeles County and back, these buses cannot be used for travel within San Bernardino County because different buses operate from each station.
During these closures, Metrolink will replace more than 9,000 railroad ties on the railroad tracks. This type of work is required annually to maintain the safest and smoothest commute. Metrolink will schedule closures when ridership is lowest to minimize the effect on the traveling public.
Train and bus info is after the jump.
On November 5 and 6:
Metrolink trains will operate on regular schedules and make all station stops between Los Angeles Union Station and Montclair. Limited bus service will be provided to and from the Montclair Station as listed below:
· Metrolink trains will operate on their regular schedule into Montclair. From Montclair, buses will be used to take passengers from Montclair to their destinations. Depending on traffic, passengers may arrive at their destinations at a different time than they would have on the train.
· Buses will run from Montclair to Upland and Rancho Cucamonga and Montclair to Fontana and Rialto. Express bus service will be provided from Montclair to San Bernardino and Riverside (for trains 364 and 376 only). Bus service will be drop-off only.
· Direct bus service will be provided from the following stations: Riverside, San Bernardino, Rialto, Fontana, Rancho Cucamonga and Upland. Buses will leave at scheduled train departure times.
· From Montclair, Metrolink trains will operate on the regular schedule into L.A. Union Station. To avoid further disruptions to the remaining train service, trains will not hold for buses. Passengers on buses must wait for the next scheduled train.
· There will be NO service provided between stations East of Montclair. Passengers traveling between San Bernardino and Upland stations, please visit http://www.omnitrans.org for alternative transportation options.
On November 12, 13, 19 and 20:
Metrolink train service will operate on a regular schedule between L.A. Union Station and Rancho Cucamonga. Buses will be used to provide transportation to and from Rancho Cucamonga from Rialto, Fontana and San Bernardino.
For more information on this and other Metrolink projects, please visit http://www.metrolinktrains.com.
Metrolink is Southern California’s regional commuter rail service in its 19th year of operation. The Southern California Regional Rail Authority (SCRRA), a joint powers authority made up of an 11-member board representing the transportation commissions of Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino and Ventura counties, governs the service. Metrolink operates over seven routes through a six-county, 512 route-mile network. Metrolink is the third largest commuter rail agency based on directional route miles and the seventh largest based on annual ridership.