Avoid West Hollywood this afternoon and evening at all costs — unless you specifically want to be there for the amazing West Hollywood Halloween Carnaval. As always on Halloween, it will be a crazy place with fantastic costumes and incredible traffic during the parade, as well as afterward. City officials are expecting 400,000 people to flock Santa Monica Boulevard for the annual event, which will begin at 6 p.m. and last until 11 p.m. or when everyone is too tired to continue.
Metro will be detouring a number of bus lines: 2, 4, 10, 105, 305, 704 and 705. So allow extra time and expect delays if you’re heading toward or through West Hollywood. More bus detour details are here.
To make way for Carnaval, a few West Hollywood streets will be closed
for most of the day. Streets will reopen at 6 a.m. Tuesday.
– San Vicente Boulevard between Melrose Avenue and Santa Monica will be
closed all day today.
– Santa Monica between Doheny Drive and La Cienega Boulevard, including
all side streets, will be closed at noon.
– Robertson Boulevard between Melrose and Santa Monica will close at noon.
– San Vicente between Cynthia Street and Santa Monica will close at noon.
– The La Peer Drive eastbound turn lane onto Santa Monica will close at
– Almont Drive and La Peer Drive will be closed from Santa Monica to
Melrose at noon.
– Santa Monica between La Cienega Boulevard and Holloway Drive/Croft
Avenue will close at 4 p.m.
– La Cienega between Sunset Boulevard and Santa Monica will close at 4
– Sunset east- and west-bound turn lanes onto La Cienega will close
at 4 p.m.
For more Carnaval details go to the WeHo website.