Following reconstruction progress on the Sunset Bridge, I-405 project crews have reopened the southbound freeway offramp at Sunset Boulevard early. The offramp had been closed between 6 a.m. to 10 a.m. during weekdays only as of October 15. The offramp provides access to UCLA, Brentwood and other Westside areas. It was not scheduled to reopen until Oct. 29.
See the construction notice after the jump for additional details.
UPDATED – ATTENTION RESIDENTS AND BUSINESS OWNERS IN THE VICINITY OF THE I-405 AND THE SUNSET BL BRIDGE
The reconstruction of the Church Ln approach to the Sunset bridge has entered its second week of the 14-day closure. The intersection and utilities have been raised to meet the new height of the reconstructed Sunset Bl bridge, with only above surface work remaining for completion. This progress in the schedule will allow for the opening of the SB I-405 Sunset off-ramp from 6:00 am and 10:00 am.
What: Ongoing 14 day Sunset Bl bridge reconstruction closure
When: October 15 – October 29, 14 day and night closure Where: North Church Ln between Sunset Bl and the SB 405 ramps; Sepulveda Way to westbound Sunset Bl between Sepulveda Bl and Sunset Bl
What to expect:
- WB Sunset Bl to SB 405 on-ramp will be allowed a left turn onto the SB 405.
- EB Sunset Bl traffic to NB Church Ln will be detoured to continue EB on Sunset Bl, to SB Veteran Av, to WB Montana Av, to NB Sepulveda Bl, back to Church Ln.
- WB Sunset Bl traffic to NB Church Ln will be detoured at Sepulveda Way to NB Sepulveda Bl, back to Church Ln.
- SB Church Ln traffic to Sunset Bl will be detoured to continue SB on Sepulveda Bl to: EB Montana Av, to NB Veteran Av, back to Sunset Bl.; WB Montana Av, to NB Church Ln, back to Sunset Bl.
- Two lanes will be maintained in each direction on Sunset Bl.
- Access will be provided for emergency responders.
- This activity will be followed by demolition of the northern half of the Sunset Bridge with reconstruction lasting approximately 12 months.
Bus Line 2 detour information:
- Eastbound: Regular route to Sunset Blvd. and Barrington Ave., then continue via Sunset Bl to SB Church Ln, to EB Montana Av, and then regular route.
- Westbound: Regular route to Gayley Av and Veteran Ave., then continue via Gayley Av/Montana Av to NB Church Ln, WB Sunset Bl, and then regular route.
Bus Lines 233 & 761 detour information:
- Northbound: Regular route to Sunset Bl and Bellagio Rd, then continue via Sunset Bl to SB Veteran Av, to EB Montana Av, to NB Sepulveda Bl, and then regular route.
- Southbound: Regular route to Sepulveda Bl and Ovada, then continue via Sepulveda Bl to EB Montana Av, to NB Veteran Av, to EB Sunset Bl, and then regular route.
This information is subject to change. For the latest closure information please visit www.metro.net/405.