A number of readers have contacted us regarding the recent disappearance of the Go Metro iPhone app from the iTunes App Store.
Indeed the app is no longer available – Metro removed it because a new and improved official app is on the way. The new app is scheduled for release in October/November and will address many of the issues users complained about in the original. Additionally, the app will be multi-platform – available for the iPhone, iPad and Android devices.
A few key features of the new app include:
- Closest stations/stops based on GPS location
- Real time bus arrivals
- Scheduled info offline (does not need wifi)
- Maps offline (does not need wifi)
- Service Alert notification
- Favorite a map, line, stop/station, trip itinerary
Stay tuned for a sneak preview and screen shots of the new app. In the meantime head over to Metro’s Mobile Resources page and download one of the award winning apps from the Developer Challenge or test out any of the other third party apps.