Blue Line has resumed normal operations to all stations with minor residual delays through 8:15pm. There are no other alerts.
- Southbound passengers will board a train at 7th St/Metro Ctr to Pico Station, then take a bus shuttle to the next station, Grand, where they may board a Long Beach bound train to continue their southbound trip.
- Northbound passengers will exit at Grand Station, then take a bus shuttle to the next station, Pico, where they may board a 7th St/Metro Ctr bound train to the Red/Purple Lines and Downtown LA.
- Over a dozen buses have been assigned to this bus bridge to assist this evening.
- When traveling through the affected area, allow 20-30 min of additional travel time.
- All Metro Express bus lines, including Silver Line, continue to have the express fare upcharge waived on the I-110 Harbor Transitway segment to encourage using this viable, alternate route.
- Trains may encounter minor residual delays between Long Beach Transit Mall and Grand Station.
- Crews are currently troubleshooting and there is a possibility that normal service will be restored later this evening.
- Please stay tuned for further updates.
Here’s the latest from operations:
- Blue Line major disruption due to overhead power systems issue at Flower/Venice.
- Train service currently suspended between Pico & Grand stations.
- Blue Line only serving LB Transit Mall – Grand & Pico – 7th St/Metro Ctr. Expect minor residual delays on entire line.
- Bus shuttles will be provided for thru travel.
- Thru passengers should expect delays of up to 40 minutes and crowding to continue through this evening’s rush hour.
- Please follow train and station announcements for latest information.
- Downtown passengers destined for stations between Long Beach and Imperial/Wilmington, consider waiting at Flower/7th, just across the street from 7th St/Metro Center and boarding Metro Silver Line (every 10-15 min) or Line 450 (every 12 min rush) to Harbor Fwy Station and transfer with Green Line to get back to Blue Line. Express upcharge waived tonight. Regular Blue Line fare will be accepted onboard these buses.
- Downtown passengers destined for Norwalk Station, consider waiting at Flower/7th and boarding Line 460 (every 30 min). Express upcharge waived tonight. Regular Blue Line fare will be accepted onboard these buses.
- Downtown passengers destined for Aviation/LAX, consider waiting at Flower/7th and boarding LADOT Commuter Express 438 (every 15 min rush). Or take Red/Purple Lines to Union Station and boarding LAX FlyAway (every 30 min).
Problems with the overhead electrical system on the Blue Line have stalled a southbound Blue Train and service has been suspended between the Pico and Grand Stations. All passengers have been taken off the train and a bus bridge is being established.
Technicians are on their way to investigate the electrical problems, but in the meantime Blue Line riders should expect major delays. Riders should consider the Silver Line as a possible alternative.
For the latest service advisories, follow @MetroLAalerts on Twitter.