FREE fares on subway and select bus lines
Free fares in effect on Saturday, July 16 & Sunday, July 17
|Line & Main Corridor||Line & Main Corridor|
|2 – Sunset Bl||233 & 761 – Van Nuys Bl|
|4 & 704 – Santa Monica Bl||234 – Sepulveda Bl, Brand Bl|
|20 & 720 – Wilshire Bl||236 – Glenoaks Bl, Balboa Bl|
|33 & 733 – Venice Bl||240 – Reseda Bl|
|150 – Ventura Bl||242 & 243 – Tampa Av, Winnetka Av|
|152 – Roscoe Bl||244 – De Soto Av|
|155 – Riverside Dr, Olive Av||245 – Topanga Canyon Bl|
|158 – Woodman Av||656 – Van Nuys/Hollywood OWL|
|161 – Agoura Rd||Metro Orange Line|
|183 – San Fernanado Rd||Metro Red Line|
|224 – Lankershim Bl||Metro Purple Line|
|230 – Laurel Canyon Bl|
Increased service on rail and select bus lines
|2 – Sunset Bl||Between Downtown LA & Beverly Hills;Between Beverly Hills & Pac. Palisades|
|150 – Ventura Bl||Between Universal City Red Line Sta & Reseda Bl|
|534 – PCH||Between Downtown Santa Monica & Malibu Civic Center|
|704 – Santa Monica||Between Vermont/Santa Monica Red Line Sta & Century City|
|720 – Wilshire Bl||Between Wilshire/Vermont Red/Purple Line Sta & Century City|
|733 – Venice Bl||Between Downtown LA & future Culver City Expo Sta (Venice/National)|
|761 – Van Nuys Bl||Between Pacoima & Sherman Oaks (Van Nuys/Ventura)|
|Metro Red Line||Every 5-10 min all weekend; Longer trains all weekend|
|Metro Purple Line||Every 5-10 min all weekend; Longer trains all weekend|
|Metro Blue Line||Longer early morning & late night trains|
|Metro Green Line||Every 10 min all weekend; Longer early morning & late night trains|
|Metro Gold Line||Longer early morning & late night trains|
||Extra service on Antelope Valley & Ventura County Lines|
|96 – Riverside||Every 30 min instead of every 60 min|
|155 – Olive||Every 30 min instead of every 60 min|
|156 – Burbank||Every 30 min instead of every 60 min|
|158 – Woodman/Devonshire||Every 30 min instead of every 60 min|
|161 – Agoura||Every 25-30 min instead of every 50-60 min|
|167 – Plummer||Every 25 min instead of every 50 min|
|183 – Magnolia||Every 30 min instead of every 60 min|
|218 – Laurel Cyn||Every 17-20 min instead of every 35-40 min|
|222 – Hollywood||Every 25-30 min instead of every 50-60 min|
|236 – Balboa||Every 30 min instead of every 60 min|
|242 & 243 – Tampa/Winnetka||Every 30 min instead of every 60 min|
|244 – De Soto||Every 25 min instead of every 50 min|
|245 – Topanga Cyn||Every 25-30 min instead of every 50-60 min|
Bus lines on detour due to 405 closure
Major delays are expected on Line 761 and Line 233 traveling between Sherman Oaks and Westwood/UCLA due to anticipated congestion for the I-405 Weeekend Closure.
|233 (Late Night/Early Morning Westwood Trips)||405 Fwy between Ventura Blvd. & 10 Fwy||Southbound Only: Regular route to Ventura Blvd. and Kester Ave., then continue via Ventura Blvd. to (L) Sepulveda Blvd. to Herscher Way and regular route.|
|761||405 Fwy between Ventura Blvd. & 10 Fwy||Southbound Only: Regular route to Ventura Blvd. and Kester Ave., then continue via Ventura Blvd. to (L) Sepulveda Blvd. to Herscher Way and regular route.|
After the jump, more info on LA Galaxy vs Real Madrid service, Metrolink, Amtrak, Big Blue Bus and additional tips for surviving Carmageddon without a car.
For the LA Galaxy vs Real Madrid soccer match at LA Coliseum on Saturday evening, extra service will operate before and after the game on:
- Lines 204 & 754 (Vermont) between Wilshire/Vermont Station and Vermont/ML King Jr.
- Line 81 (Figueroa) between 7th/Hill (near 7th St/Metro Center) and Figueroa/ML King Jr.
- Fans from the San Fernando Valley, Hollywood or Westside should travel via Metro Red/Purple Lines to Wilshire/Vermont, then transfer to Line 754 Southbound on Vermont Av (in front of Shell gas station).
- Fans traveling through Downtown LA should travel via Metro Red/Purple Lines to 7th St/Metro Center, then walk to Line 81 Southbound at Hill/7th or Flower/8th (in front of Subway restaurant).
- Regularly scheduled service will be in place on all other lines in the area, including Metro Silver Line. All lines around the Coliseum are subject to traffic related delays associated with the event.
Metrolink will operate additional trains on the Antelope Valley Line and the Ventura County Line on July 16th and 17th to support the closure of the 405 freeway construction.
The Ventura County Line schedule is the same on both days. The Antelope Valley Line schedules are different on Saturday and Sunday. Please see schedule details here.
TIP: Purchase a Metrolink Weekend Pass for only $10. This pass allows a rider to ride anytime, anywhere system-wide from 7 p.m. on Friday through 11:59 p.m. on Sunday.
The Weekend Pass offers free connectivity to rail or bus throughout Southern California. For example, after you purchased your Weekend Pass and took Metrolink from Irvine to downtown LA, you can board the subway at Union Station and ride all the way to Hollywood and Highland for free!
The $10 Weekend Pass is available for purchase through all Metrolink ticket vending machines (TVM) starting at 7 p.m. on Fridays.
Amtrak California is offering Pacific Surfliner coach passengers a 50% discount on all trains traveling between Los Angeles Union Station (LAX) and Burbank Bob Hope Airport (BUR) Friday, July 15 through Sunday, July 17 only.
With this limited time offer, the adult fare is just $3.00 each way. Plus – two kids (ages 2-15) can ride at the discounted price of $1.50 each way (per adult ticket purchased).
To book your reservation, use the FARE FINDER on the home page (enter promo code X563) or call 1-800-USA-RAIL.
Tickets can also be purchased at Amtrak staffed stations or from an Amtrak Quik-Trak or Metrolink TVM, or onboard the train by passengers boarding at Burbank Airport. Talk to a conductor.
Santa Monica Big Blue Bus
Big Blue Bus will be operating according to regular weekend schedules (traffic permitting) with only the Route 14 detouring slightly on Saturday and Sunday as follows:
Route 14 traveling from Culver City towards Brentwood: buses will end service on Barrington Pl. at Chayote, just south of Sunset Blvd. No service to the following stops on Saturday or Sunday:
- Sunset at Woodburn
- Church Lane at Sepulveda
- Moraga Drive at Sepulveda
Route 14 traveling from Brentwood towards Culver City: buses will begin service on Barrington just south of Sunset Blvd. No service to the following stops on Saturday or Sunday:
- On Moraga Dr. at Sepulveda
- On Church Lane at Sepulveda or at Sunset Blvd.
- On Sunset at Woodburn or at Barrington
If safety officers ask BBB to reroute farther away from the construction site, service may be detoured at San Vicente and Gorham.
For questions about BBB service this weekend, call Big Blue Bus Customer Service at (310) 451-5444.
- Traffic is going to be bad, prepare for delays on bus lines.
- Get real time bus arrival information using Nextrip or by calling 5-1-1.
- Follow @MetroLAalerts on Twitter for service updates.
- There is NO overnight rail service this weekend. Last trains generally end around midnight. Check timetables if traveling late. Click here for night owl bus service, many of which serve rail stations.
- Take advantage of some Destination Discounts if you are looking for something to do this weekend. But remember, most Discounts require showing a TAP card or rail ticket, so be aware if you are riding a free line. Of course, this weekend is a great opportunity to get a TAP card if you don’t already have one.
- Net increase of 100 Metro buses & 32 Metro Rail cars
- Extra service where demand is highest in order to maintain integrity of main corridor
- Avoid running extra service in potential gridlock areas
- Additional Bus & Rail supervisors to be deployed throughout the region to monitor service
- Metro volunteers to be strategically placed at key transfer points to assist customers