Public hearings for proposed changes to Metro bus service begin tonight at 5 p.m. in the Metro Board Room. There will be a total of six meetings during February that the public is invited to attend to provide public comment. If you cannot attend a meeting, please submit your comments via email@example.com, U.S. mail or fax only in order for your comments to be considered during the Public Hearing process. Comments submitted in a different manner will not be considered part of the public record.
At the beginning of January, Steve Hymon posted a discussion with Metro CEO Art Leahy that described fiscal and operational context for the changes. The post received an outpouring of comments on The Source. However, in order for the full weight of your voices to be heard, it is important that readers of The Source attend a meeting or submit a public comment in the manner described above.
The six meeting dates, times and locations are as follows:
- February 1, 2011 – (5 p.m.) Metro Board Room, One Gateway Plaza, 3rd Floor, Los Angeles.
- February 2, 2011 – (6:30 p.m.) Marvin Braude Constituent Center, 6262 Van Nuys Blvd., Van Nuys
- February 9, 2011 – (5 p.m.) La Cienega Tennis Center, 325 South La Cienega Blvd., Beverly Hills.
- February 10, 2011 – (2 p.m.) Salt Lake Park-Community Center, 3401 East Florence Ave., Huntington Park.
- February 14, 2011 – (5 p.m.) El Monte City Hall East/Council Chambers, 11333 Valley Blvd., El Monte.
- February 17, 2011 – (6 p.m.) Carson Community Center, 801 East Carson Street, Carson.
For more information about the services changes and how you can make a public comment, please refer to the Metro press release and this chart that details which lines would be affected.