In addition to our daily coverage of the latest local and national transportation news, service alerts and transit lifestyle issues, we often like to do feature stories that build upon the latest news and offer a bit more for our readers to chew on. Be it helpful tips on how to better take advantage of Metro’s transit system or an in depth look and some of the problems the agency faces, the following feature stories from the past year warrant another look.
- Metro customer relations wants more customer input!
- Forget Philadelphia. It’s always sunny in Los Angeles!
- 10 essential Los Angeles transportation blogs
- 10 essential transportation blogs that aren’t specific to L.A.
- 8 essential transit agency blogs
- 10 essential bikes as transportation blogs
- Part I: Engineering safety into the Blue Line (including data on accidents along the line)
- Part II: Enforcement of safety laws along the Blue Line
- Part III: Educating the public about safety along the Blue Line
- Part IV: A pedestrian’s view of the Blue Line
- Answers to your questions about TAP
- How would the Westside Subway Extension tunnel under homes?
- A look at Metro’s fares compared to fares at other major transit agencies
- Back to school — on public transit (part 1)
- Back to school on transit (part 2); what to consider before putting your kids on transit
- Back to school on transit (part 3); now that you’ve decided to let your kid use transit…
- Building the Expo Line
- A glimpse at the Foothill Extension Gold Line
- Our response to Bus Riders Union allegations that Metro can’t afford 30/10 Initiative
- Does it matter if the Westside Subway Extension doesn’t cure traffic?
- Art for the Expo Line: Willie Middlebrook’s Designs for Expo/Crenshaw Station
- Art for the Expo Line: Neighborhood Reconstructed by Jessica Polzin McCoy
- Art for the Expo Line: On Saturdays by Robbert Flick
- Interview with Jarrett Walker, International Transit Network Planner Part 1
- Interview with Jarrett Walker, International Transit Network Planner Part 2
- A closer look at jobs and population along Wilshire Boulevard