In early July we thought one of L.A.’s best news sources (and one of our favorite blogs) for local alternative transportation stories was logging off. But Damien Newton over at Streetsblog Los Angeles managed to save the blog and is throwing a party and fundraiser to celebrate.
I checked the event’s Facebook page and it looks like many local alternative transportation movers, shakers and bloggers have RSVP’d.
There’s also some sweet prizes being given away, including:
- Two free memberships and five-hours of free driving from LAXCarShare.
- A 30-day Big Blue Bus pass, along with a pass holder lanyard and a 75th anniversary toy Big Blue Bus.
- A Pair of Kigo Shoes, eco-friendly footwear designed for the walker and public transit-taker!
- An eco-friendly haircut or color from SHADES, a green hair boutique in Beverly Hills.
- A Back-to-School Kit from ReBinder, maker of eco-friendly office products.
- Signed copies of Banana and To See Every Bird on Earth, books by Dan Koeppel, author, local bicycle activist, and founder of Big Parade LA.
The party will cost $20, with a $5 discount for students – but admission is on a sliding scale and Streetsblog isn’t going to turn away anyone who can’t afford it.
Streetsblog L.A. Fundraiser/Party
When: Wednesday, August 25, 7pm-11:30pm
Price: $20, $15 for students
Where: 11555 National Boulevard
Nearby Metro Bus Stops: Venice/McLaughlin (33) *1.3 miles away
Nearby Big Blue Bus Stops: Federal/National (8)