Work is scheduled to continue at night this week on the 405 Sepulveda Pass widening project — a carpool lane is being added on the northbound freeway between the Santa Monica and Ventura freeways. The contractor will be placing K-rails along the right shoulder to isolate the work zone.
All the details are after the jump. K-Rail Placement to Begin on I-405 Sepulveda Pass Widening Project
As part of the pre-construction activities for the I-405 Sepulveda Pass Widening Project, the contractor will isolate the work zone from freeway traffic by placing concrete barriers (k-rail) in selected areas on the right hand shoulder of the I-405 freeway from the Santa Monica Freeway (1-10) to the Ventura Freeway (US 101).
What: Freeway lane and ramp closures for the placement of concrete barriers (k-rail) on the right hand shoulder of the I-405 freeway.
When: Night-time work for freeway lane and ramp closures on the northbound and southbound I-405 freeway will be conducted in segments and is anticipated to start the night of Tuesday, February 16, 2010 for approximately four weeks, weather permitting. Lane and ramp closures will be from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. on week nights only, with the freeway open to thru traffic.
Where: San Diego Freeway (I-405) between the Santa Monica Freeway (I-10) and the Ventura Freeway (US 101). K-rail placement will be conducted in segments along the I-405 freeway. The first segment along the I-405 freeway is scheduled from the 1-10 connector to Santa Monica Blvd. for February 16 and 17. All other ramp closures will be available on our website www.metro.net/405 once they are confirmed. For the latest construction updates, please follow us on Twitter http://twitter.com/I_405.
What to expect:
• Segmented lane closures between the I-10 Freeway and Santa Monica will require the closure of the I-10 eastbound and westbound connectors to the northbound I-405 for the nights of Feb. 16 and 17 only.
• Detour signs will be posted where ramp closures occur.
• For specific ramp closures, please check out website www.metro.net/405.
• For the latest construction updates, please follow us on Twitter http://twitter.com/I_405.
• There will be the same number of thru traffic lanes as there are currently at the completion of this activity.
For road side assistance during construction, please call the Metro Freeway Service Patrol at #399.